At Traverse Mountain Family Dental & Orthodontics, our highly trained experts offer varying levels of sedation dentistry. If you would like to feel slightly more relaxed during your dental treatment, or would prefer to have no memory of your procedure, ask our dentists about sedation dentistry. If you are dreading or putting off an important dental service, we can put you at ease with dental sedation options. Our safe sedation methods will reduce your pain and stress, and help you achieve great results. If you are interested in sedation dentistry in Lehi, UT, call today for a comfortable and care-free dental experience!
Benefits Of Dental Sedation
- Relaxation – Sedation dentistry will lower your stress or anxiety levels. Even patients with severe dental phobia can have a good dental experience with soothing sedation.
- Ease – Patients with conditions like a severe gag reflex or tolerance to local anesthesia may find receiving dental work difficult. Dental sedation can ease these conditions and allow you to get the dental attention you need.
- Comfort – Dental sedation, used with or without local anesthesia, will keep you pain-free.
- Safety – You will still be able to respond to your dentist’s commands and questions. We will monitor your vitals and adjust your sedation levels as needed.
Types Of Sedation Dentistry
- Nitrous Oxide – Nitrous oxide is an odorless gas that can help you calm down. After a few seconds of inhaling the gas through a breathing mask, you’ll feel peaceful and even happy. Surrounding sounds and smells will not bother you, however you can respond to your dentist when needed.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – We will prescribe a medication dosage based on your needs and recommend you take it shortly before your procedure. Your anxiety will disappear and you won’t remember the sights or sounds of your procedure. Oral sedation allows you to stay awake while feeling completely relaxed and at ease.
- IV Sedation – This more advanced level of sedation involves administering sedative medications through the veins. IV sedation allows our team to raise or lower your level of sedation throughout your visit, providing you with the best possible comfort throughout treatment.